The course programme:
1.1 Natural lash growth cycles explained
1.2 Which factors may affect retention & are not under the lash stylist's or client's control?
• You'll know how to define all factors that affect retention which aren't under your control
• You'll understand why 8+ week lash retention is real
• You'll professionally educate your clients about natural lash shedding
• You'll learn how to make any lashes look neat & tidy after weeks of wear without damage
0.1 Welcome message & my retention story
0.2 Course instructions
0.3 Introduction to the topic
• You'll get some motivation and understand what results you can achieve on the course
• You'll understand the course structure and how to study most effectively
• You'll define your current position, understand the importance of retention and what affects it
MODULE 2: CURING MECHANISMS OF THE GLUE & ITS FEATURES
2.1 What are the ingredients in your glue?
2.2 Glue curing mechanisms & science. What does your glue need for a perfect bond?
2.3 Glue specifications. How to find the best glue for yourself?
• You will fully understand the glue curing mechanism and what it needs to achieve extreme retention
• You will learn about differences in glues, their types, ingredients and their functions. Based on this you will be able to choose the best glue for yourself!
MODULE 3: IMPORTANCE OF PH & ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS IN LASHING
3.1 What is pH and why is it so important for retention?
3.2 pH of natural lashes. How to define & correct it?
3.3 An in-depth knowledge of your lash liquids. What pH levels should your products have and how to test them?
3.4 How to prepare natural lashes correctly? When to use and not to use a primer?
3.5 Superbonder vs nano-mister. When should you use them and why?
• You will understand why you're having retention issues on certain clients and not on others, and how to stop it
• You will understand why your glue is not working, is sliding and not grabbing on some of your clients and how to fix it
• You will have a full understanding of all pre and post-treatment products, when to use them and what criteria they should meet in order to work and give you best results
MODULE 4: ROOM ENVIRONMENT
4.1 Humidity and temperature. How exactly do they affect your glue? What is the correct balance?
4.2 Air circulation in your room & working during different times of the year
4.3 How to control your room environment?
4.4 A straight to the point breakdown of any possible issues with glue and their solutions!
4.5 How to control any glue and make it work for you
• You will understand how your room temperature, humidity & air circulation affect retention and glue work
• You will find out why your glue is not working as you expect it to even in a perfect room environment and how to fix it
• You will be able to fully control your room environment and your glue throughout the year
• You will be able to recognize and fix all possible issues with your glue & retention. At this point you will be able to fully manipulate with your adhesive
MODULE 5: PRACTICAL WORK WITH GLUE & APPLICATION TECHNIQUES
5.1 Technical rules of working with glue
5.2 Glue usage & pickup techniques in different situations
5.3 Classic & russian volume application techniques: what to consider?
• You will understand how to pick up the glue in different conditions & apply extensions on different types of natural lashes for best retention
• You will learn my favourite locking technique which guarantees flawless retention even on clients with poor aftercare
• You will learn how to stop your fans from closing or falling apart
• You will learn how to protect yourself & your clients from glue fumes and how to recognise and avoid different types of reactions to the glue
6.1 What aftercare & pre-care instructions to give to your clients & how to do it effectively?
6.2 Myths about glue & retention
6.3 Summing up the course into 10 main rules
• You will learn how to make your clients follow correct aftercare and show up with squeaky clean lashes
• You will understand how to analyse your work & mistakes independently